Sunday, December 17, 2006

6.66 and eggnog

So I'm done with the semester and most of my 'colleagues' have gone home for the holidays. I'll be taking the train back to the midwest tomorrow.

I figured I would send out a new round of manuscripts because I kinda like collecting rejection slips. Some of them even use different fonts. But anyway, six manuscripts at $1.11 each for postage came out to $6.66. I was hoping for something auspicious, but this? Was there some Faustian pact involved? Probably not but the lady at the post office gave me the raised-eyebrow look, asked me if I needed anything else.
"Well, uh, I think I better get some stamps."
And the look and smile she gave me seemed to say, you done been saved.

Which brings me to a totally irrelevant topic: eggnog, which is a delicious, creamy, and thoroughly unhealthy beverage. Yesterday I did the math and discovered I had consumed 1500 calories of eggnog alone. Happy holidays.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zander said...

Ironically enough, a few days after reading your post, I was in the Safeway store in Santa Cruz searching for goat cheese when I came across one labelled $6.66. As a tempter of fate I felt like buying it but my cautious companion opted for a safer $5.43 lump.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Zander said...

And I thought...Franz would have been down for buying the Satan goat cheese

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home